Panther Rants is The Onion of Pitt Sports. Formerly a serious recruiting blog written by a serious recruiting writer, the site was taken over by mediocre bloggers that provide satire, sarcasm and anything but serious information. Everything on this site is tongue-in-cheek and is not meant for serious consumption.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Pitt Football Camp Update


Parkway East - Pitt Head Coach, Dave Wannstedt, phoned us on the way home from practice today to give an update. Coach began, "Things went great today. I mean, really great. We saw hustle, we saw teamwork, and we saw guys out there making plays. I was really pleased overall."

Asked about what made things come together, Coach mentioned an inspiring drive to work this morning. "I'm driving in, you know, just listening to some normal stuff. Then a great Richard Marx song came on. I started singing along, "Hold on to the nights, hold on to the memories..." and just got all choked up. I had to pull off the side of the road, it was so good. I don't know Richard Marx, and I don't know anything about Canada. But I DO know is that for 3 minutes in that car idling on the parkway, I WAS that long-haired Canuck. I saw everything he saw and I felt everything he felt. After something so moving and transcendant happens, you know it's going to be a great day."

No comments: