Panther Rants is The Onion of Pitt Sports. Formerly a serious recruiting blog written by a serious recruiting writer, the site was taken over by mediocre bloggers that provide satire, sarcasm and anything but serious information. Everything on this site is tongue-in-cheek and is not meant for serious consumption.

Monday, September 10, 2018

Hello Darkness My Old Friend

Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to watch us lose again
Because losses we are reaping
Leave me in a state of weeping
And the old depression that was in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of Pitt football
In my Pitt script I walked alone
Staring blankly at my phone
‘Neath fluorescent sign of the Dirty “0”
I didn’t see Cathy’s lights in their victory glow
When my eyes were stabbed by the game's highlights
Gave me fright
And touched the sound of Pitt football
And at the next game at Heinz I saw
Ten thousand people, and no way more
Fans sitting and not cheering
People hearing "Sweet Caroline" and not singing
People writing cheers that voices never share
And no one dared
Disturb the sound of Pitt football
Fools, said I, you fans do not know
Losses like a cancer always grow
Hear my words that I might teach you
Take my “Toof” hat that I might reach you
But my words, like a quick-kick fell
And echoed in the wells of Pitt football
And the people bowed and prayed
To Pitt script color change they made
And the script gave out its warning
In the words that it was forming
And the script said, that Narduzzi’s words are written in Cathy’s bathroom stalls
And David Lawrence Hall
And whispered in the sounds of Pitt football

No comments: